It is the mission of the Planning Officials Development Committee to be the link between local Planning Officials and the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Planning Association to achieve good planning in the Commonwealth.
The goals and objectives of the PODC are as follows:
- advocate the vital role of planning officials in providing up-to-date, responsive and responsible community planning;
- recruit planning officials as new members of the Chapter;
- involve planning officials in the promotion and advocacy of planning;
- involve planning officials in Chapter programs;
- increase training opportunities for planning officials in the Chapter;
- represent planning officials’ interests in the national planning association, APA and the State Chapter;
- create ways of making the Chapter more inviting to planning officials;
- serve as a resource on planning official matters or concerns; and
- prepare and implement a planning officials development program and budget.